Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I could be right, I could be wrong ♫ http://blip.fm/~12s432

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments, share your story.

Amputee Awareness

Amputee Rehabilitation Awareness

The movies on this page are a random collection of amputee videos from all over the net, they will open on a new page.

For the benifit of all those amputees requiring rehabilitation.

I would love to get your feedback.



If you have any stories you would like to share, we would all love to hear them.


The good the bad and the ugly.......Lets make everyone aware about what it is like to be an amputee.

After a motorcycle accident in Nov 1985, I took approx 6 months to get back into work.

Not because I couldn't, but I think more because my whole life had been turned upside down.

I was a dairy farmer and was forced to move into the city to walk the hard pavements of the giant concrete jungle.

Shortly after returning to the work force, (in a whole new career) I started having problems with bone spurs making an effort to protrude through the bottom of my stump.

I was only a kid at the time and had a hard time relaying the problem to the surgeons and physio staff that could have fixed it.

I finally after nearly several years convinced the appropriate staff that there was actually a medical issue and that I hadn't been crying "WOLF" as it was assumed. I was rushed into hospital the next day.

Following surgury I found that the bone spurs had not been removed, but infact there was an abcess between the 2 spurs that needed draining first.

This took close to a year to cure. Finally about 18 months later I had another surgery to remove those bone spurs.

The phantom pain has never gone away so I have been through a lot of pain over the last 20+ years and now have a few problems through lack of strength in my residual stump.

When it came time to walk again, I had a lot of issues with muscle fatigue and a continuous sore back. I made a lot of effort through normal chanels to get assistance and drew a blank every time. I was prescribed mind altering medication and left to my own devices.

One surgeon recomended that I have another amputation and remove the knee.

I thought about it for about 1/2 a second and said "You didn't get the first 2 right what makes you think this will be better"

Instead I invented a range of devices called the Limbar to assist my rehabilitation and speed up the process of learning to walk again.... and it worked!!!!!!

I have not had the amputation to remove my knee and I don't intend to.
Have a look at http://www.hydraujoint.com

Now although the pain has never gone, through fitness and strength training I am able to control it and at least deal with it, without medication.(Mostly)

I would like to hear from anyone who has suffered from strength or circulation related problems post amputation. Or any other ailments you feel you can share.

Do you think this machine would benefit you?

Would it be best in your local gym, physio, rehab centre or at home so you could use it daily?

I am working to make amputee specific exercise equipment available around the globe, please assist by lobbying your local physios and rehab providers.

Let them know that there is something available that is simple and cost effective.